The OSK Team
We’re a group that brings together decades of experience within the Aerospace and Energy industries. We take pride in tackling extremely hard problems and providing monitoring solutions to various industries. We’re not just space geeks or chemical engineers or data analysts – we’re problem solvers.
Jobs at OSK
Become A Part Of The Orbital Sidekick Team
Space is in our DNA. Satellites are ideal platforms to monitor the planet, whether it’s discovering new resources, protecting and monitoring our vital infrastructure assets or providing solutions to improve industrial efficiencies.
Come join a cohesive team of smart-creative individuals driven by a common goal of implementing a space-based hyperspectral data infrastructure. Create real, tangible value and take ownership of your role and position within this early stage company. Inform the future vision of an up-and-coming San Francisco start-up. Experience exponential growth opportunities and the freedom to take on new and exciting roles. Share in the success of the company as an equity holder. And most importantly – come help us launch stuff into space and change the way we monitor the globe!
Orbital Sidekick is currently seeking a Product Lead. The Product Lead will be responsible for overseeing the development and deployment of Spectral Intelligence, OSK’s oil & gas pipeline monitoring service product. They understand how OSK should develop products to address needs of oil & gas pipeline operators. They will be responsible for the overall quality, specifications, and delivery mechanisms of Spectral Intelligence. They will have expertise in remote sensing technologies and tools and be able to translate customer needs into engineering requirements, as well as turn engineering research and development work into customer value. The successful candidate will interface with and synchronize the efforts of the analytics, operations, and engineering teams to achieve product delivery.
He/She will also be expected to:
- Become intimately knowledgeable about all technical elements of hyperspectral data analysis and present capabilities to internal customers.
- Develop roadmaps, monitor development schedules and continually assess technical & programmatic risks.
- Provide business development support to the business development/marketing teams and engineering support to the analytics and operations teams.
- Analyze program requirements and develop detailed objectives, plans, conceptual designs and perform risk analysis. Plan strategies for analysis, test and design against varying requirements.
- Lead in the development of reports and design notes.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to analytics team in the design, test, production and maintenance phases of the product.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Candidates should have experience in a GIS, SaaS and/or data products-related industry.
- A strong history of communicating with external customers and providing direction to internal suppliers, self-motivation and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Expertise in one or several programming languages and environments including .NET, Python, C/C++, Matlab, and IDL.
- Experience with integrating and deploying analytics and data products.
- Education in a technical field, preferably aerospace engineering, computer science, remote sensing, or imaging science.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Cloud computing, machine learning, imaging science, and GIS products.
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Departments of State.
OSK is working with cutting edge space-based hyperspectral systems. We’re taking remote sensing to another level by deriving crucial insights and solutions for our clients from hyperspectral imagery. From building our own spectral reference library to providing remote sensing solutions in novel ways, we’re doing it all in-house with a small but highly skilled and motivated team. Benefits include:
- 100% paid health benefits for employees (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance) and 50% contribution towards dependents
- Stock and equity plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free lunches, snacks, and drinks