The OSK Team
We’re a group that brings together decades of experience within the Aerospace and Energy industries. We take pride in tackling extremely hard problems and providing monitoring solutions to various industries. We’re not just space geeks or chemical engineers or data analysts – we’re problem solvers.
Jobs at OSK
Become A Part Of The Orbital Sidekick Team
Sr. Software Engineer
Space is in our DNA. Satellites are ideal platforms to monitor the planet, be it discovering new resources, protecting and monitoring our vital infrastructure assets or providing solutions to improve industrial efficiencies.
Come join a cohesive team of smart-creative individuals driven by a common goal of implementing a space-based hyperspectral data infrastructure. Create real, tangible value and take ownership of your role and position within this early stage company. Inform the future vision of an up-and-coming San Francisco start-up. Experience exponential growth opportunities and the freedom to take on new and exciting roles. Share in the success of the company as an equity holder. And most importantly – come help us launch stuff into space and change the way we monitor the globe!
The Sr. Software Engineer position is an all-encompassing role responsible for building applications (including everything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts) and data pipelines. Additional responsibilities include front-end development and post-processing large amounts of scientific datasets by applying proprietary algorithms to extract information at scale.
Basic qualification needed
- Solid understanding and experience with MS SQL databases
- Experience with the Python scientific computing ecosystem (Numpy, matplotlib, tkinter, scikit-learn etc.)
- Experience with Web Services and web-based function development
- Know your way around a Linux environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with open-source GIS software applications/ and packages such as QGIS, GDAL/OGR, or PostGIS
- Experience with remote sensing data from satellite constellations like Landsat, Sentinel
- Familiarity with training and/or deploying customer-facing machine and deep-learning models
- Familiarity with at least one deep learning framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, Keras)
- Seed stage startups require extended work hours and weekend work as needed. Be comfortable in spending extra time and effort to become a successful member of OSK’s team so that we can succeed in achieving our objectives and goals.
- Individual should be comfortable being the responsible expert in multiple subject matters.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Departments of State.
OSK is working with cutting edge space-based hyperspectral systems. We’re taking remote sensing to another level by deriving crucial insights and solutions for our clients from hyperspectral imagery. From building our own spectral reference library to providing remote sensing solutions in novel ways, we’re doing it all in-house with a small but highly skilled and motivated team. Benefits include:
- 100% paid health benefits for employees (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance) and 50% contribution towards dependents
- Stock and equity plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free lunches, snacks, and drinks