The OSK Team
We’re a group that brings together decades of experience within the Aerospace and Energy industries. We take pride in tackling extremely hard problems and providing monitoring solutions to various industries. We’re not just space geeks or chemical engineers or data analysts – we’re problem solvers.
Our advisors have brought data products to market, managed thousands of miles of underground pipeline networks, and designed, built & launched complex spacecraft.
Jobs at OSK
Become A Part Of The Orbital Sidekick Team
Sr. Software Engineer
Space is in our DNA. Satellites are ideal platforms to monitor the planet, be it discovering new resources, protecting and monitoring our vital infrastructure assets or providing solutions to improve industrial efficiencies. Orbital Sidekick harnesses the power of hardware and software platforms to deliver the ultimate remote monitoring solutions.
As our Sr. Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Post-processing large amounts of scientific datasets; and
- Making use of GPU/CPUs to apply proprietary algorithms on hyperspectral data at scale
Basic Qualification Requires:
- Expertise in CUDA, C/C++ and Python
- Experience as a Software Engineer working on data platforms, SQL databases, and accessing/processing data
- Experience with the Python scientific computing ecosystem (Numpy, matplotlib, tkinter, scikit-learn etc.)
- Ability to navigate a Linux environment; and
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience with open-source GIS software applications/ and packages such as QGIS, GDAL/OGR, or PostGIS
- Experience with remote sensing data from satellite constellations like Landsat, Sentinel
- Familiarity with training and/or deploying customer-facing machine and deep-learning models; and
- Familiarity with at least one deep learning framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, Keras)
- Seed stage startups require extended work hours and weekend work as needed. Be comfortable in spending extra time and effort to become a successful member of OSK’s team so that we can succeed in achieving our objectives and goals.
- Individual should be comfortable being the responsible expert in multiple subject matters
- Some travel may be necessary.
- U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply to this position. Therefore, applicant must be a U.S.citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Departments of State.